Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cat Sitting

This is Zoey, or Zoe, I'm not quite sure how it's spelled. I'm not that great of an aunt to little Zoey. So we are cat sitting while my lil sis is in Greece. We get this honor not because I am the most fit, or the favorite sister, but because Zoey's mother is our cat Izzy. Thus we get to be cat sitters by default. This is the second time we have had Zoey at our house, the first time was a year ago and I was fully expecting a reenactment of the emotional scene when Denise left for Mexico. But I was wrong and no tears were shed, only a hug and kiss goodbye.
Good job Denise!!!
Thursday evening at 10:30Pm Denise drops the cat off, after she leaves I try to make friends, cat hisses and growls, I am fearful for my life and want to sleep withour bedroom door shut. Phil just laughs at me, doesn't realize I am picturing a horrifying cat massacre where my family and I are severely scarred by a cat who thinks we have offed her parents and have taken there place.
12:00 Pm I make one more round of the house before going to bed, realize that Zoey has holed up under Haylee's bed, I feel relatively safe and head to bed.
Friday Morning cat is still in hiding.
Friday Afternoon, cat is still in hiding, I try to lure her out with what Denise says is her favorite, a can of Salmon fancy Feast, I open the can and wave it around in the air, trying to entice her to come out. It does not work.
Friday night cat is still under the bed,
I am the worst cat sitter ever!!!
Saturday Morning, cat is still in hiding, came out and ate some Fancy Feast chicken that I left open in the kitchen. Toys do not work.
Saturday Afternoon, cat is beginning to venture out, moved from under Haylee's bed to under Nate's, Scared the crap out of her with the vacuum, and she moved from Nate's bed to under the couch.
Saturday night, cat is becoming friends with Corbin, cat is last seen cuddling with Corb on the couch.
Sunday morning, cat is now a part of the fam, no longer hissing and growling, spends her time prowling and taunting her mother Izzy through the front window. Izzy does not get to come inside, Zoey knows this and is making Izzy very jealous.
I am now the best cat sitter ever!!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Fun stuff!! Sounds like stubborn cat. Now that you have all made friends, sounds like the rest of Zoey's visit will go smoothly.

Jessica said...

Sis you are such a nerd. I'm sure that cat was afraid of you from the last time she stayed and you got her lost... ;) I'm glad it is working out seeing how you have another week to go. Poor Zoey, tell her she can come play with her favorite Aunt Jess!

Denise H. said...

You are HORRIBLE!!! You probably didn't think that I could access the internet here did you!

Well... to tell you all the truth Zoey is a Very Nice Cat and proobably just missed me and Heath. She feels secure while hiding under beds and was probably scared of the Mean Shan. haha

Oh but thank you so much!!!! You are the best even though my cat hates you.

And you know... we almost stole a kitty from Virgin MAry's house to be Zoeys sister just so next year you will have two instead of one. We will see then if you are able to sleep! hehehehe

P.S. there are cats everywhere in Turkey!