Friday, March 20, 2009

Death by a FORD

It all started 7 years ago, in a ball park dugout.Innocently lying on the home teams bench was a terrific pair of Oakley sunglasses slightly used.
The relationship started there, Phil picks them up, looks them over, asks around to see if anyone knows who's they are. No one knows, so he trys them on, they were made to fit Phils head, they were perfect. The rest of ball season he waits for someone to claim them. Then after 2 months; with no owner in sight he claims them as his own, and our story begins.

These glasses have been everywhere, oh if they could only talk they would have plenty to say. They made it to Mexico and back, Numerous; Deer, antelope, turkey, and scouting hunts.
They survived the hike to Delano's summit, countless 4 wheeler rides, and many, many softball games. And they made it through all of this with out a scratch.

As if that were not enough tests and trials, to prove that Oakley's are the best, they survived a ten story drop off the balcony of our hotel room, crashing to the cement pavement with out even getting a scratch.
Two Disney land trips,



and dozens of boating trips.
We thought that these terrific found sunglasses would be Phils FOREVER!!!!
And then one fateful Thursday afternoon, while I was on the phone talking to Phil while he was driving his UPS truck, (Yes this is not a good idea) He placed his Oakley's on his lap, when all of a sudden something propelled them out the door and onto the road. Gasping; Phil realizes this and looks back, only to see a FORD trucks front tire smash his glasses to pieces.
Oh what a sad day, he later returned to the crime scene and saw one lone ear piece still in tack.
This only proved to fuel his hatred to any vehicle in the FORD family.
Poor Phil, I am so sorry for your loss, and will spend the remainder of the day searching the Internet for the exact same glasses, but not at the same price!!!!
I'm sure free Oakley's only come once in a life time!!!

6 comments:

Denise H. said...

In honor of the Oakleys Death I will wear black today. Is he having a funeral service??? As for the hating of the Ford's I don't agree one bit.

Oh Shan that was HILARIOUS! But poor poor Phil.

Teryn said...

hahaha!

tanni said...

That is so FUNNY!!!! Poor Phil, I send my condolences!!!!!

Kim said...

That is too funny....With Scott being in the military, I may be able to help. They are standard issue and Scott has a couple pair still I think. I will look for them and let you know! Sorry for your loss Phil! Everytime I see a Ford I will remember you!

Olson Family said...

That is so funny. You should have that published somewhere. It turned my boring day right around for a few brief seconds. Shan, you need to write something for me to read every Tuesday and Thursday. Loved it.

P.S. Sorry about the glasses Phil. Good luck on the search for new ones.

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck, get over it Phil. As a matter of fact, FORD's do not hate Oakley's however FORD's do hate GMC owners. I have had my Oakley's for several years and my FORD, you know the BIG BLACK ONE loves my glasses. Love ya PHIL.

Uncle Mark