Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The UPS man

Here's a little story about a boy and the UPS man....
Everyday, at almost the same exact time the UPS man drives by Nate's school. And almost everyday, at the same exact time that the UPS man drives by the school, Nate is out to recess. And being the kind UPS man that Phil is, he gets treats from the businesses that he delivers to. So Nate will come up to the fence and the UPS man will give him a treat then head on his way. One day, not too long ago the UPS man drove by the school and didn't see the little boy, so he brought the treat home and put Nate's name on it and left it on the table for him to eat when he got home from school....
That same night when the UPS man got home from work, he asked Nate how he liked the treat, and of course Nate replied that he loved it. Well there is a daughter in this household and she hears this exchange and in turn she replies.....
Haylee: I saw that treat, and I was all excited, till I saw Nate's name on it.
Nate: Dad gives me treats all the time.
Haylee: WHAT.... How come you never give me treats?
Dad: Do I ever see YOU at recess?
Haylee: Well no.... but I would love to come home and see a treat on the table with my name on it!
This is what I found when I got home from the store today!

12 comments:

Denise H. said...

I want the UPS man to leave me a treat with my name on it!!! :) So Sweet and such a Cute story. I love how Nate hangs out by the fence to get his treat.

Ashley and Josey said...

That's a cute story!

Cunninghams said...

What a sweet hubby and dad!!

Clint and Whit Smith said...

That is so cute!

Teryn said...

Haha! What a nice dad ;)

Kim said...

LOL...Yup sounds like Phil...Cute story!

Kim said...

LOL...Yup sounds like Phil...Cute story!

tanni said...

That is so CUTE!!! I wish my UPS man would bring me treats instead of packages! LOL

JaLynn said...

Yup...That is my boy!!! Always doing the fun things...I loved this story and laughed so hard...That's my boy...Keep up the good work Phil...it's joy to my soul!!

Grant said...

After a long hard day of Public Transit, I read this story and I got a bit emotional.. sorry but that's Phil genuinly in touch with those around. Proud of you son.

The Park Family said...

That is the sweetest thing EVER!!!
I miss you and your UPS man!! Lets get together soon!!

FeliciaK said...

Awh!! Phil is so sweet!! ;) Lucky you! I would like a treat on my doorstep with my name on it. I am just down the street ya know. ;)