This year we have been planning a trip to Disneyland. We are very excited because it has been 4 years since our last trip. In January I thought that it would be fun for the kids to have there own money for souvenirs. So I created the Disney Land Money Jar. I took a big pickle jar and painted the words Disney Land Money on it and threw in a couple of quarters. Then we got the kids together and explained that in May when we left for our trip, any change in the jar would be split three ways and they could spend it any way they wanted on our vacation. They were very excited and each ran to there rooms and put some change in the jar. Now, I thought that me and Phil would be the major contributors of the change jar, but little by little our jar has been filled with money from the kids. Babysitting, tooth fairy, and left over lunch money has found it's way to the jar. Even all of the change the kids got at the Easter egg hunt went into the fund. This has brought so much more to our little trip than I could ever imagine. I find myself so excited when I put change in and I think about how much fun we are going to have. This has made our vacation so much longer than the week we have planned. In January my goal was to get the jar half full. Well our vacation is still a month away and our jar is filled to the top. We may have to start a new one. I have to say how proud I am of my children. It hasn't mattered to them who put how much change in, or how much money they were going to get, they have just loved having a common goal and completing it. Nathan's only request was that he have enough money to buy his friends something. Well Nate by the looks of our jar I think you will. I also have to clarify that we have no idea how much money is in the jar. Do to the fact that in febuary, after some "borrowing" from the jar. Phil cut a hole in the top and glued the lid on!
6 comments:
What a great idea!! I think your kids are awesome. We hope you guys have a great time!! Maybe we can go with ya next time!!
I had never seen the jar but hear little Nate talk about it all of the time. I am glad that all of them got so Excited about it! I wish that we were going with you! Hmmm, maybe we could go! I am going to have to do some begging to the old hubby.
When are you guys going to Disneyland? That sounds like so much fun! I am going through Disney withdrawls,but Brian says not this year! I don't think he understands my addiction heheheJK! I think that is a great idea about the jar! I hope you have a great time!
Hey... you guys have really grown. I can't wait to see you all again. See you soon!
Hey! I know you guys. :) How are you doing? Just thought I'd drop in and say hello. Hope your doing well.
Amber T.
Ha Ha! Well I am plenty old, serious. This year is the big 23. I can't even believe it. Although traveling all over is a blast. I am home in boring Spanish Fork for the summer though. Just got back on Friday. :( And you guys are going to have a blast at DisneyLand. I went just a few weeks ago, for the first time. I felt like a 5 year old. I had so much fun! I hope to see you guys this summer sometime!!
Post a Comment