I just had to post this conversation that Nate and I had today. Nate had just finished his first T-ball game and We were loading everything into the truck to go home. We were babysitting little Easton and I was putting him in the truck when Nate said...
Nate: Mom, What age do you start remembering things? Is it two or Three?
Me: as I was busy throwing bottles, blankets diaper bags, mitts, a baby and so on into the truck I absent mindedly answered. "I don't know, Why?"
Nate: Well, Easton won't remember that he has a dad. I think he's to little to remember.
Me: Nate, he will always have his dad.
Nate: No, I think it's three, you should remember things at three. When he is three I will tell him he had a dad. He should remember then.
That just broke my heart, Nate was so concerned that Easton would not remember his dad. He has such a big heart, and he loves that little guy so much. The other day he said that Easton was like his little brother.
2 comments:
That is too cute!! Nate is the sweetest little boy ever!! It is amazing just how concerned little kids are for kids younger than them. Nate definately takes the cake though. Give him a big hug from me. We will see you guys in July!
Oh, that gave me tears! I LOVE little Nate and yes, he has such a HUGE HEART!
It is a good thing that Easton has him as a Cousin/Big Brother.
Post a Comment