Here is our end of the year update.
Denise has been bugging me to update my blog, but I haven't had a minute to spare. It seems like the last two weeks of the school year are so busy between, graduations, programs, field days, parties, field trips and base ball games we are always running. So summer has begun and I am breathing a sigh of relief, I will enjoy two blissful months of not nagging children to do there homework. Of course with summer comes, the endless sleep overs and late nights, children fighting, and my grocery bill going through the roof. But even with all of that I intend to enjoy every minute of my summer vacation.
Nate at Authors night.
Nathans 1st grade teacher, who also happened to be my 3rd grade teacher. Cool Huh!
So Nate finished off 1st grade with a bang. He is a pro at reading and math, and he is excited for 2nd grade. I'm a little scared for 2nd grade though. Nates class this year had only 12 children in it. It was a special class for kids who struggled with reading when they left kindergarten. The kids got so much one on one attention that I don't know how he will do with 25 children in his class. He is looking forward to swimming lessons at the new pool, and he is loving T-ball this year.This is Haylee and her friends at Graduation.
Haylee had alot of fun in 6th grade, she did really well and can't wait to go to the junior high. I am not to excited for her to go to junior high, but I guess they all grow up sometime. Haylee is going to have a busy summer. She has decided she wants to do summer dance and a ballet camp this year. As long as she is not complaining, and likes to do it, I will let her. She is really bummed because she misses going to girls camp by one week. All of her friends will be at camp and she will be home. Oh well there is always next year. She will still have a great summer, she loves to walk to hogi yogi and buy lunch, and stay up late and play night games.
Teenager. Need I say more!
Corbin had a great year in 7th grade. He finished off with a great report card and fun end of the year party at the Hemuli's house. He even told me that he has a girl friend. I am so not ready for that yet! He gets to go to scout camp with Phil this year and Haylee, Nate and I get to spend a week alone! He still works with his dad but because of the Motorcycle that his dad bought him, he is now working for free all summer! Him and his friends have a great time playing night games and riding there bikes all over. They have even discovered our old swimming hole (the bubble) and have been swimming quite a bit.
2 comments:
Thanks for the up-date!
Nate is so Cute! She was my 3rd grade teacher too and one of my favorite teachers.
When is Girls Camp. Maybe we could plan for Haylee to come stay with us during that time.
Corbin has A GIRLFRIEND. WOW! That makes me feel so old!
Great up-date and it sounds like they are all on track. You have such good kids Shan. I hope when I have some of my own, they are just as good.
Wow your kids are getting so big!! Sounds like they all had a great year at school. I hope they all have a blast with all their activities planned for the summer!!
Post a Comment