Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Nate turns eight!

Nate is Eight!!!
And he has been eight for a good two weeks! I have just been a very bad blogger and have failed to document this momentous occasion.
When your oldest turns eight it is a cause for celebration, you have gotten him to this point unharmed for the most part and only mildly scarred by your new parenting skills. But by the time your youngest reaches this milestone you have honed your inept parenting skills, realized all of the mistakes you made with the older siblings and you are still just as dazed and confused as you were in the beginning. Do to the fact that every child is so different that you couldn't possibly raise them exactly the same. With all of that said, I feel that my children are raising me. Every day I find myself learning something new. Ma by it is learning that there really are monsters in the basement, or scary noises at night, or quite possibly a ghost living in the toilet. With every trial and triumph that you face as a parent I wouldn't trade this job for the world. I find myself saying that I didn't sign up for teenagers, I only wanted the under three sect, but I am finding that teenagers are pretty fantastic. It is a whole new ball game now and I am starting to adjust. In a conversation with Corbin the other day, I told him under no circumstances was he to kiss a girl until he was sixteen, he then asked me how old I was when I had my first kiss. We have since compromised and he might be able to kiss a girl at fifteen, as long as it is discussed with his parents beforehand.Nates birthday was a big success, he got a sponge bob cookie cake, and quite a few presents. The only downfall to the day was dinner time. Our kids get to pick there favorite meal and we have it for dinner. Well I asked Nate what he wanted and he promptly replies, "macaroni and cheese and Chips." Just the thought of that makes me want to throw up, Corbin then suggests to Nathan that he might like steaks, and Haylee, of course throws in Chuck a Rama, but no, Nathan is holding firm with his choice. So being the great mom that I am, I decide to make Homemade Macaroni and Cheese. We all sit down to dinner and I pull out this marvelous dish of macaroni, and Nate Looks at it and says, "that's not Macaroni and Cheese" I say, "Yes it is" and he replies "that is macaroni casserole," So needless to say we all ate the casserole and Nathan ate chips and broccoli.

1 comment:

Denise H. said...

Oh my, I almost choked on my water reading that Haylee wanted Chuck A Rama. Which reminds me of St. George with dear Haylee and she begging us to go to up Chuck a Rama and Denny's.

You really need to get her hooked on some real food and nicer places Shan. Poor Girl! I just pray that she doesn't want her wedding in 20 years to be catered by Chuck A Rama.

Anyhow, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE!!!!