Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Disneyland, Is it really the happiest place on earth?

I have this really weird desire to take a video camera into Disneyland and take some footage of the happiest place on earth. Because really; is it the happiest place on earth? Just take a look at these pictures, and you tell me.Really, why do we think that waiting in line for 20 minutes to ride a two minute ride and walking miles and miles in throngs of people will be fun for children.
Why do we think that if our children don't experience Disneyland, that in some way they are going to be scarred for life. We have to ask ourselves, am I going for me or my children?
Where else do you get to see ornery toddlers being pushed around in strollers, with mouse ears strapped to their heads.
I have to stop and wonder why all of my pictures are of my children standing in lines. Could it be because that is the only time we were standing still.
All in all the memories we made and the fun that we had did out weigh all of the small tantrums and pouts. I will go back and I will have fun!!!!
But only because Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth.
My favorite part of the trip is Jacob retelling his little adventure to ride the Nemo submarine ride. Jacob had this great desire to ride the Nemo ride. Now even on our early entry day when we arrived in Tomorrow land at approximately 8:10 a whole fifty minutes before the park even opened to the public, the line to Nemo was still a hour wait. So on Thursday, Jacob got up early ran to the entry of Disneyland and stood in line on main street, and waited patiently for opening time. When the gate was opened he was crushed by parents dragging their crying children, and frantically pushing there strollers, just to get in line at Nemo before the wait was more than a hour. But when he finally reached the Nemo ride, all battered and bruised, he was told that Nemo would not be running, because of some technical difficulties. Jacob returned to the hotel, crushed and defeated, as he was not able to ride Nemo. So I decided that I would devise a plan to get us on Nemo with as little waiting time as possible. We would wait until 11:30 PM when all of the little children are asleep in there strollers, and Parents are just to tired to do anymore rides. That was when we would attempt to board the Nemo ride. All went as planned except that my own child, who would have loved the ride was fast asleep in his daddies arms. I sent them back to the hotel and resumed the mission for Nemo. Jake and I sent the others to ride the Merry go round and we made our way to the Nemo waiting line. We got in line and waited for our group to find us, then we snuck them in line and waited. Thirty minutes passed and we were on our voyage. I have to say it was well worth the thirty minute wait. Although Corbin was way disappointed because he thought that the fish were going to be real. I thought it was thirty minute line wait good, but never a two hour line wait good.

2 comments:

Denise H. said...

That is Hilarious! It is true... Heath has never gone to Disneyland and he turned out normal. (Maybe?? haha)

As for the Nemo ride. That is funny that a teenager would want to go on that ride so bad to wake up early. Poor kid!

Kim said...

That is so funny.....and I totally agree with you. That is a pretty funny story about Jacob. I am glad that you guys had fun!!