So I am sitting at my computer and I am attempting to coordinate another vacation.... Yes I did just return from one two days ago. And I realize that I have a little bit of a problem and I am wondering if there are other people out there with my same problem. I am a vacation Over Planner otherwise known as VOP. I have received a few comments over the past few days like.... "I could never go on vacation with you." "I like to relax on my vacations!" "Whats wrong with spontaneous vacations, where you just do what you want to do." "I am so tired after I get home from a vacation that you are on," I admit I am a little OCD about seeing everything that there is to see. I believe that you can sleep at home. I may never get back to the place I am so I want to experience everything that I can. So I have looked back on the vacations that I have took and I definitely do have VOP. I will admit that I did buy the Ultimate guide to Disney land, I read it, highlighted it and new it cover to cover. I now know the Disney park inside and out. I even carried around the pocket ride itinerary that came from the book. I printed out a detailed itinerary with all pertinent information. I planned and new exactly how much money I would spend. I had the money set aside in different envelopes for each day. I map quested. I researched, and my trip was pulled off with very little flaws. I basically did the same for Pennsylvania, I was the document holder, I paid for the hotels and collected money. And when we returned home I wished that I had done a little more research on the area so we could have seen more things. On our last Disney trip I even had treat sacks labeled for each kid and one for each day. On camping trips I even cook and prepare the food before hand so I can have a more relaxing time. So is there help for me, does anyone know of a VOP anonymous group? Can I really vacation without a itinerary, and are there still people out there who will still go on vacation with me? I have to apologize to all who have been traumatized by my vacationing style. I really do feel bad! Are there other VOP's out there, please let me know that I am not alone!
5 comments:
I think that you have the right Idea, I hate it when there is no plan and everyone just stands around deciding what we are going to do next and wasting all of our vacation time. When you go on vacation there is not a minute to spare, because it is to stinkin expensive! I would go on vacation with ya anytime! I had a blast going to Arizona with everyone!(minus your poor morning sickness, Oh poor you!)
Shantelle you make me laugh!! I am so glad that you are finally able to admit to your problem. You seriously are a VOP. It is a good thing that your poor family doesn't mind being drug ragged on vacations and are always up for what you have planned down to the minute. As for Pennsylvania, you were definitely at your best VOP. But, I have to admit that I am glad because we got to see a lot of things and places. If it weren't for you, we would probably still be lost in Jersey. hahahahaha
You need to do this for a Thoughts for Thursday post on Thursday and I will link it on my page. Just type it up with TFT - Vacation Over Planner and let me know.
I am sure that you will get some good responses.
I like your thinking, and would probably do it the exact same way!! I am like you I want to see and do everything there is to do and sleep when I get home. I defineatly would like to plan a trip with you guys!! We would have a lot of fun I think. You are so funny!!! Glad you guys had alot of fun, can't wait to see more pictures!!
I think I am a happy medium, while I love having everything planned, I do have some wiggle room. But I do the whole guide book thing too.
okay - i love to relax! i think i am the perfect medium. i like to get some things done ahead of time (like make things to bring camping) but i also don't like to have my entire trip planned down to the detail! :) you sound just like my mother-in-law, she does the exact same kind of thing! it's funny!
Post a Comment