I got a new Mt. bike for my birthday so us and the Haverons decided to take our bikes out for a ride last night. We loaded up our bikes and headed up the canyon at 7:30. Now the last time I had been Mt. biking was 15 years ago when Phil took me down Bennie creek. and as many of you know I am not very talented, so when I started out doing pretty well I was shocked. Then Crash down I went! There went my confidence but I got back on and continued on. Kallie on the other hand had never been Mt. biking before was just cruising right along. Jumping rocks and basically keeping up with her husband who was just showing off! Seeing that he had been mt. biking everyday for the last week. Me and Phil took up the rear, poor Phil. Were continuing down the hill and I am shouting out a variety of swear words, the F word being the favorite tonight, as I hit rock after rock. Phil is behind me laughing his head off, listening to his wife cuss up a storm. When I have no idea what happens and I fly off my bike again. This time I hit hard with my nifty Police biking helmet taking the brunt of the fall and my knee taking the rest. I shakily get up and discover that upon my flight off the bike I had flew through cow shit! I am a bloody shit covered mess! I hop back on my bike and continue on. FINALLY we make it to the bottom and start to ride down the canyon on the road. I can take cuts and bruises and falls and shit, but you put me on a bike, at night in a canyon and I am scared out of my mind. First of all I have a phobia of getting hit by a car, and second I almost go completely blind at night, due to the fact that my eyesight is Negative 11.75. So here I am cruising down a canyon bloody, shit covered and blind. Needless to say we made it down, I was not hit by a car, nor did I hit any pot holes and fly over my handlebars, (another fear of mine.) Will I do it again? Definitely! We had a blast, I can barely move today, I may never get down on my knees again, and my but kills, but I had a blast!
Me and Kallie with our bikes.
Can you tell which one was a great rider and which one was not?
If you look to the right you will see just a little bit of the cow shit on my knee!
Me and Kallie with our bikes.
Can you tell which one was a great rider and which one was not?
If you look to the right you will see just a little bit of the cow shit on my knee!
6 comments:
Oh my goodness...What a night you had. I needed a good chuckle this morning. You are so funny. Hope you don't stay sore too long. :-)
That is Hilarious!!! You guys should get headlamps on your bikes and we could all do the ride that me and Richard used to do up Bridal Veil Falls.
It is AWESOME!!! I think 17 miles each way. You could do it but maybe next time invest in some knee pads. haha
Hope you get feeling better!
OH shanny who do you inherit your grace and skills from? its a miracle you didn't get hit by a car! next time take some knee pads too! :)
Oh shan you werent that bad of a rider! Next time we will definately know what we are getting ourselves into! What nice husband we have to lead us on an "easy,short" ride! HAHA. Those pictures are pretty scary, I love our helmet hair and bug infested face!!
WOW Shan I am glad that you are okay that looks painful!
OUCH! haha... what an eventful night :)
Post a Comment