Sunday, July 13, 2008

My 6th year old birthday Party

I have to say thank you to my wonderful sisters, family and friends who have just made my birthday one of the best I've ever had.
They succeeded in doing something that has never been done before. They threw me a fabulous surprise 6th birthday party. Now I have never been so surprised in my life. I am a person who has to know everything. I open and re wrap my Christmas presents. I snoop to find my birthday gifts. I read the ending in books before the beginning. So to walk in my back yard and find my family and friends all assembled wearing 6 year old attire with there hair in pigtails, and party hats was the shock of my life. I know I turned beet red and my smile would not leave my face. They had even invited one of my best friends from high school and two of the girls that I work with. We had PB & J sandwiches, corn dogs, jello, nuggets, chips, candy and red koolaid. I got some great gifts like fuzzy posters to color and strawberry shortcake dolls, bubble bath, and some jewelry. I had a Strawberry Shortcake Cake and Cookies and Cream Ice cream. We played musical chairs, and had a blast. There was candy necklaces, suckers, bubbles, and sidewalk chalk.
As the night went on I started realizing every little clue that I missed. When we pulled up I remember seeing Megans car and thinking some one was visiting the Borens. To think that this was all going on just under my nose absolutely blows my mind.
Thanks again to all of you, you made my day!
I love you all! I think I have the best family, Neighbors and friends ever!

5 comments:

The Burke Family said...

Happy Birthday Shan!!! I definetly want to see pictures of that party! That is so neat that they did that for you!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday....Again. That sounds like so much fun! What a neat surprise. Wish I could have been there. I will look forward to seeing those pictures!

Denise H. said...

Your Welcome Sis! I am posting the pictures today and then you can steal some for your blog as well. We ought to get Jessicas pictures together and make you a Cool 6 year old Birthday video.

We love you and think you are the best too!

Anonymous said...

That was a banging party shantelleta i cant wait for when you turn 7!

Denise said...

Happy belated birthday! Your party looks like it was a blast!

(I keep telling Denise she needs to go into party planning for a living). :o)