I Came home from work and this is what I saw. The Mountain above my house was on fire, the kids were all out watching the helicopters and air planes fighting the fire. And everyone was wondering when the fire would be put out. As scary as a wild fire is, it is so amazing to watch. I know the kids will never forget being able to watch this fire. I still will never forget being 8 years old and coming home from my grandmas in Genola and seeing the sky a horrible shade of red and gray, and watching the P mountain go up in flames. I even remember going to Rods drive inn to get dinner and sitting out watching the fire all night.
This is Kyler and Nate playing in the sand box with the smoke in the background. Corbin and Amanda had walked down to the sno shack and Haylee was sleeping at a friends house.
The fire continued to get worse and I get a call from Haylee and she is crying hysterically saying her friends house was going to be evacuated and she wanted to come home. So I walked up the street to get her. I couldn't believe how many people that were out on main street. There is nothing like a natural disaster to bring people out. I got Haylee home and tried to console her and the other kids who thought that our houses were going to be burned down and we settled in for a night of fire watching.
I didn't get any of the pictures of the fire when it was really big, these were just after dusk.
The kids all ended up falling to sleep on my living room floor, and couches still wearing their cloths, and the adults all piled on the roof of my house and in my bedroom to watch the fire. At 1:00 AM we all decided to call it a night and went to bed.
This is Kyler and Nate playing in the sand box with the smoke in the background. Corbin and Amanda had walked down to the sno shack and Haylee was sleeping at a friends house.
The fire continued to get worse and I get a call from Haylee and she is crying hysterically saying her friends house was going to be evacuated and she wanted to come home. So I walked up the street to get her. I couldn't believe how many people that were out on main street. There is nothing like a natural disaster to bring people out. I got Haylee home and tried to console her and the other kids who thought that our houses were going to be burned down and we settled in for a night of fire watching.
I didn't get any of the pictures of the fire when it was really big, these were just after dusk.
The kids all ended up falling to sleep on my living room floor, and couches still wearing their cloths, and the adults all piled on the roof of my house and in my bedroom to watch the fire. At 1:00 AM we all decided to call it a night and went to bed. I feel so bad for anyone that was effected by this fire, I could just imagine how scary it would be to be told to pack your things and leave your house. We were lucky that we did not have to leave.
5 comments:
that fire is so scary! my friend lives at the top of that subdivision. her house was one of the 14 evacuated. its so scary! im glad your house and your family was safe!
Your night sounded like mine, minus consoling kids. Avery loved watching it. We were not as close as you, but had a perfect view from our house.
Wow....Kinda scary. Glad that you are all safe.
It is somewhat odd how Fascinating Natural Disasters can be.
Although, I am so glad that your area wasn't threatened. How did the fire start?
We came by to check out the action in the neighborhood, it looked pretty wicked quite a few times. Tyler kept saying "mom is that hot Lava on the mountain?" I'm glad that no structures got ruined or nobody got hurt!
Post a Comment