Friday, October 17, 2008

Baseball Fan

I have heard that the first step to recovery is admitting and acknowledging that you have a problem.
For weeks now I have been noticing signs that I am becoming a avid baseball fan!! As with any addiction this affliction has progressed slowly. It all started last year when my husband took over the TV for the month of October (The greatest month of the year according to him) As I had no other choice in the matter, I would settle in for a night of baseball. This year in anticipation of our Rockies game I started paying a little more attention to baseball. I knew it was a lost cause when I started reading Sports illustrated at work, and then commenting about an article at home. Then When the Yankees played there last game in Yankee Stadium I was so overcome with emotion that I started crying. Then I started bringing the Sports Illustrated magazine home and having Phil read the baseball articles that I thought were cool. The real clue as to my new fascination was when Phil called one day and asked me what I was doing and I was watching the end of the Red Sox game that we had taped. I had fallin asleep watching it and wanted to see the end of the game. So now that I have acknowledged my addiction I am realizing that it is not so bad and I am thoroughly enjoying the month of October. It truly is, the greatest month.
Last night while we were watching the Sox play the Rays and I started spouting off some random observations, Phil looked over at me in astonishment and totally agreed with my comments. The Red Sox ended up winning 8 to 7 and as I lay in bed screaming right along with my husband I realized that I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.
Now the Red Sox have to win there next two games to make it to the World Series. I personally think that they can do it.

4 comments:

tanni said...

That's awesome! I have the same strange addiction to football and basketball! This terrible addiction happened last may and June watching the jazz play. So good!!!!!! Glad you found fun and enjoyment in watching baseball!

Kim said...

That is great!! I can just see you yelling at the T.V. right along with Phil....LOL I have started to enjoy Football alot and look forward to the games that Scott watches. Glad you are enjoying your new found addiction. :-) Tell Phil I said Hi.....Miss ya!

Denise H. said...

This would be acceptable behavior if you were a Yankees Fan. But.... since you are a Red Sox Fan I will not allow it.

Kim said...

You have been tagged!! Check out my Blog for details.