We decided to start a new Christmas Eve tradition and light candles at the cemetery on Christmas Eve.
This was really fun, and a great way to remember loved ones on Christmas.
My dad and Phil were both at work so me and my kids, my mom and Jessica and Easton all ventured out on this cold winters eve.
This is Little E in his car seat, he didn't venture out and by the time we got to Payson cemetery he was all tuckered out and Haylee stayed in the car and sang songs to him while we lit the candles.
This is my moms grandmas grave, my mom lived with her after her mom died when she was six until she died when my mom was sixteen. Some one had came before us and put a wreath on and a candle.

This is us in the Santaquin cemetery.
Yes, after this experience we now will be better prepared for next year.
This is my moms grandmas grave, my mom lived with her after her mom died when she was six until she died when my mom was sixteen. Some one had came before us and put a wreath on and a candle.
This is us in the Santaquin cemetery.
Yes, after this experience we now will be better prepared for next year.
My grandpa died in 2000 and my grandma followed in 2003.

This is my Uncle Bills grave he is buried right behind my grandma and grandpa. He is my cousins Scott, Brian and Tims dad, and my dads sister Jan's Husband.

Her are my moms, parents graves and her grandmas.


This is my moms, mothers grave.

This is my moms dads grave. He died when my mom was twelve.

This was such a fun experience for all of us, I hope more of the family can do it next year. The cemeteries were beautiful with all of the candles.

This is my Uncle Bills grave he is buried right behind my grandma and grandpa. He is my cousins Scott, Brian and Tims dad, and my dads sister Jan's Husband.

Her are my moms, parents graves and her grandmas.


This is my moms, mothers grave.

This is my moms dads grave. He died when my mom was twelve.

This was such a fun experience for all of us, I hope more of the family can do it next year. The cemeteries were beautiful with all of the candles. There were so many people that participate in this every year. I was glad we went, the newer part of the cemetery had so many candles but the older part where my moms parents are buried was pretty dark, so it was fun to add our candles to the few others that were there.
Next year we will be prepared with a few more supplies.
A shovel
gloves
boots
and more candles

7 comments:
That is the coolest thing I've ever heard! You guys are truly amazing! Next year I would love to participate in that!
That was a wonderful idea. Thsnk you so much for putting a candle on Bill's grave that was so nice of you guys, we really appreciateit. you will have to let us know next year and we would love to go with you.
Great idea sis! It was a great experience. I think even the kids enjoyed it. I'm excited to go again next year. Although I will wear boots instead of my heels... what was I thinking?
it was freezing
Wow....What a neat idea! I would love to do thid next year.
That is the neatest thing that I have ever seen. It is so hard to think of the patriarchs of our family are gone, what a wonderful way to remember them!
i LOVE THAT! Maybe next year I will have to sleep over on Christmas Eve so that I can play too.
Post a Comment