Who hasn't done this before? Your innocently talking to your friends, then suddenly out of your mouth comes a comment that just should have just stayed in your mouth!
Then; insert your foot and keep pushing it deeper and deeper into your throat, until there is no way to extract it.
Well ladies, this happened to me tonight!!
Here is how it went:
Names have been withheld to protect their identity!
To set the stage, we are sitting around discussing exercise, weight, and how our clothes fit,
you know, typical girl conversations.
(Friend One prepares to leave, and goes to the door.)
Me: You know.... you look really great, you could TOTALLY be on a Dove ad.
(Silence, COMPLETE silence)
Me: No really!! you know those Dove girls, I love them!
(friend one leaves the door..... falls to the couch)
(Friend two is snickering behind her hand)
Friend one: Yaaaa.......I guess.
(she is now cowering in the corner of the couch)
(WHAT, are you kidding me I though everybody wanted to be Dove girls)
Me: Hey; I meant it as a compliment, we are never going to grace the covers of Victoria Secret, but we could really be in a Dove ad......I think you look great!
(really Shantelle stop RIGHT NOW!!!!)
(Friend Two is now laughing out loud hysterically)
Friend one: Sure....... I could be in a Dove ad!!!!
Friend two: Uhmm Shantelle, if you would have said that to me, I would have curled up in the fetal position and cried.
Me:Seriously..... I would love to be a Dove girl! Really if you look around, we look pretty good for our age!
(Foot is now shoved so far down my throat I may never get it out,)
(Foot is now shoved so far down my throat I may never get it out,)
(damage is done, time to move on)
All right ladies, here are the Dove girls!!
Now if I see you on the street and I tell you that you could be a Dove girl.
It IS a compliment!!!
Embrace your curves!!!

5 comments:
FIRST: What is up Shan?? All of this blogging is making me Happy are you trying to replace me while I am gone.
SECOND: I had no idea what a Dove Girl was until I read this. I, personally always wanted to be a Noxema Girl.
THIRD: Those Dove girls are HOT! I wouldn't mind being one of them.
FIFTH: LMAO! You are so Funny! I'm glad you are blogging more lately.
That is too funny! I always wanted to a cover girl personally! Ha ha ha but I guess a dove girl would work too!
LOL...You are so funny! I love the Dove Girls, they are alot more real than a super skinny so called model. I would take it as a complement. I enjoy reading your blog, you always tell the funniest stories that always make me laugh hysterically.
How in the world did you know what a Dove girl was. At first I thought you might be talking about a bird... lol... Wish I could have been there I would have been the one rolling hysterically on the ground. Your a nerd sis!
I seriously found your blog through Afton's. And can I just say, I am laughing me rear off! That rocks. But the next time I see you and you say I could be on a dove ad. I will think you are saying I am fat! hee hee
Post a Comment