I hope this post does not traumatize anyone, but I could not resist posting it because it was just to funny!! Last week we were heading to KFC for dinner, when Haylee asked for a bunny. It is a running joke in our family to request bunnies for pets, because Phil absolutely hates them, and threatens to use them for target practice. So if I ever want to get a rise out of Phil all I have to do is start talking about building a bunny hutch in the back yard. He gets all flustered and starts in with how much bunnies poop. It actually is pretty fun, and to tell you the truth I really don't want a bunny!!
This is how our conversation went.....
Haylee: Hey dad, can I get a bunny?
Dad: Sure, I need to get some practice shooting in before the hunts!
Haylee: Dad...... You are so mean, you wouldn't shoot a bunny that I bought with my own money!!!
Dad: Sure I would!
Haylee: What if I bought you a bunny for Fathers Day?
Dad: Then I would get to shoot a bunny on Fathers Day.
Haylee: That is SO MEAN!!!
Dad: Haylee.... you know what will happen to a bunny at our house, so actually you would be killing the bunny by buying one!! This ones on you!!
Haylee: What if I named the bunny Jesus? You wouldn't shoot a bunny named Jesus!!
Dad: Sure, I need to get some practice shooting in before the hunts!
Haylee: Dad...... You are so mean, you wouldn't shoot a bunny that I bought with my own money!!!
Dad: Sure I would!
Haylee: What if I bought you a bunny for Fathers Day?
Dad: Then I would get to shoot a bunny on Fathers Day.
Haylee: That is SO MEAN!!!
Dad: Haylee.... you know what will happen to a bunny at our house, so actually you would be killing the bunny by buying one!! This ones on you!!
Haylee: What if I named the bunny Jesus? You wouldn't shoot a bunny named Jesus!!
Complete silence......Then hysterical laughter
Well Phil got up Fathers Day morning and Haylee brought in her gift. It was a big blue box with a big ribbon and holes punched in the top. On the top was written; To Daddy, Happy Fathers Day!!
Inside was saw dust shavings, some sunflower seeds, two carrots, and a stuffed bunny. Written in sharpie across the back of the bunny was
"Jesus"
Pictures of Baby bunny Jesus to follow!
7 comments:
OH my that is so funny!
literally laughed out loud.. clever daughter you have there ;)
That is too funny!!!!
That is hilarious!! I can't stop laughing!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Hilarious! I can't wait to see the pic. Go Haylee!
That is SO funny!!
lol, that is so funny! I almost started laughing out loud on the call I was on. Haylee you are so cute!
Post a Comment